This recipe tastes just like Strawberry Pudding Popsicle’s from when I was a kid. It’s light and sweet with the salty-sweet crust of pretzels. I’ve cut the prep/freeze time WAY down so you can enjoy this sweet treat a couple hours after you make it!
Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie
Yield: Makes 8 servings
Total time: 3 Hours
(This recipe has been adapted from MyRecipes.com)
2 cups finely crushed pretzel sticks
3/4 cup butter, melted 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 carton sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 can (7-oz.) sweetened condensed milk
3/4 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
4 heaping tablespoons strawberry gelatin from ([3-oz.] package)
2 cups cool whip, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate or casserole since that is what I had on hand. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
2. Pulse strawberries in a food processor until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
3. Beat condensed milk and next 2 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. (Use the whisk attachment if using a stand mixer.) Add strawberries; beat at low speed just until blended. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Using the standard mixing blade slowly add 3/4 cup cool whip and gently fold into strawberry mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze until firm. (about 1/2 hour.)
5. Spread remaining whip cream over pie. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
And Serve. 🙂
I think I found my new favorite pie!